Aims and Objectives
- To improve and develop the Knowledge and Skills in the field of Ophthalmology.
- To encourage, promote and sponsor research and studies into Ophthalmology and its related fields.
- To hold periodical meetings for the exchange and dissemination of knowledge in all the various sub-specialties of Ophthalmology.
- To foster and achieve liaison with similar bodies nationally and globally.
- To liaise and co-ordinate the activities of the various sub-specialties of Ophthalmology in post-graduate trainings.
- To promote and maintain a high standard of ethics and professional conduct and practice amongst its members.
- To monitor and maintain a list of registered specialists in Ophthalmology in Malaysia under the National Specialist Register.
- To provide advice and recommendation to the relevant authorities in the development of post-graduate Ophthalmology education in Malaysia.